Isaiah 6 New International Version (NIV)
6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted,seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
“Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”
4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King,the LORD Almighty.”
6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
- What does the word “Holy” mean to you?
- Being in the presence of Gold made Isaiah well aware of his sinful nature? How does God make you/us aware of our own sin today?
- What kind of things dull our spiritual senses and harden our hearts so that we become comfortable or complacent with our sin?
- How does God “take our sins away” and “atone” for our sins today?
- Isaiah was quick to not make any excuses for his sin. How can we as Christian men follow that same practice?
1 Peter 1:14-16 New International Version (NIV)
14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”
6.How does God’s holiness affect your life and how can we strive to daily become more holy because “He is holy?”
Holy, holy, holy
Though the darkness hide thee
Though the eye of sinful man
Thy glory may not see
Only Thou art holy,
There is none beside Thee
perfect in power, in love and purity.
Holy, holy, holy
Lord God Almighty
Oh thy works shall praise Thy name
In earth and sky and sea